OLPH Calendar

Tuesday, August 14, 2012


Welcome 5th graders!

I am excited for the new school year to start! I hope you are too. We will work hard together to bridge your way to middle school, but I am planning for us to have a lot of fun too.  We will be learning dance for Halloween, songs for Christmas, field trips- including a trip to Los Angeles to the California Science Center- service projects- including the Divine Mercy Chaplet at Lent, and many hands on activities in the classroom.

I need to give you an updated supply list.  I have subtracted a few things.

#2 pencils/erasers                                              One 11/2 inch 3 ring binder
crayons/colored pencils                                     graph paper
1 ruler with centimeters                                    colored markers
glue/scissors                                                        4 composition notebooks
paper towels/facial tissue (2 of each)
pens- blue or black, also red
4 pocket folders

I have subtracted the 3 inch 3 ring binder, and the control paper.  I have added one more composition notebook, and request more paper towels and facial tissue.


SCIENCE NEWS

Over the summer, I created this blog for my science classes.  The purpose of the blog is to give me a way to give students and families updated information and to store important documents where everyone has easy access.  Also, I would like students and families to be able to give feedback on the information and have questions answered.  This is definitely an EXPERIMENT, which means that I may need to change or drop it if it doesn’t work.

Please visit this blog if you haven’t done so already and leave me feedback.  You can also subscribe to blog updates, which should inform you of any changes in the blog.

So far, the blog contains information about the 2013 OLPH Science Fair and also has supply llsts for each science class.  I am aiming to do more lab activities this year, but I need your help.  Please visit the supply list for your class to see what is needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment